Director of Instructional Technology
Phone: (919) 693 - 4613
to access the GCS Technology Help Desk Support Page
Welcome to the Instructional Technology Department
We empower every student, every day by providing access to technology resources that prepare them to be lifelong learners and make informed decisions about the role of technology in their lives.
GOALS IN SUPPORTING THIS MISSION ARE:
*Structure the Instructional Technology Department to provide outstanding support to all Granville County Public Schools Students and Staff.
* Implement solutions that provide the district with efficient methods of recording and tracking inventory and easy accessible help desk support for students and staff.
* Building off of the success of the Granville Digital STARS Academy (funded by a DLI Grant:2018-2020), continue our transformation to the digital-age culture by creating an additional thirty Gold STAR learning environments where educators focus on personalized learning
*Provide students with more access to opportunities through video conferencing. These opportunities may include but are not limited to virtual field trips, access to additional classes and resources and career exploration.
* Provide technology related professional development, training, and support to all employees. Professional development, training sessions and course are aligned with the NC Digital Learning Competencies (DLCs)
* Upgrade technology infrastructure that will provide a robust, reliable network and provide high speed Internet needed to deliver various online and other digital resources to all students and staff and provide the district with quick access to any online systems needed to support the students and employees
*Replace the district’s old, on - premise, Internet Protocol (IP) phone system and telephone units that are no longer supported by the manufacturer and were considered end of life several years ago with a updated cloud based system that will require limited equipment and maintenance on-site
*Provide safe and secure environment for students and staff while using Granville County Public Schools technology network, tools and other related resources
*Provide one to one student device (chrome book) ratio for students in grades K-12. Provide take home option for students in grades 3-12 and in school use only for grades K-2. Students will receive new device in grades 3, 6, and 9.
*Provide Internet access for students so that they can participate in remote learning classes when COVID 19 restricts schools from providing face to face learning opportunities
*Provide devices and Internet access to allow students and staff to quickly transition from face to face instruction to all remote learning if needed.
*Provide teachers with a new laptop device every four years to ensure they have an adequate device to deliver instruction.
*Provide students and staff with a Google Applications for Education account that includes district issued gmail account and additional resources and tools
*Update district and school websites that provide students, staff, parents, and the community with portals to easily locate and retrieve information about all aspects of the Granville County Public School District
* Provide online live and recorded, and on demand access to district and school meetings, promotional materials and other relevant information regarding the school district.
*Provide a variety of technology resources for teachers and students to enhance instructional programs and increase student achievement