Use Of State Funding
Use of State Funding
G.S. 115C-105.25 states the following
To ensure that parents, educators, and the general public are informed on how State funds have been used to address local educational priorities, each local school administrative unit shall publish the following information on its Web site by October 15 of each year:
(1) A description of each program report code, written in plain English, and a summary of the prior fiscal year's expenditure of State funds within each program report code.
(2) A description of each object code within a program report code, written in plain English, and a summary of the prior fiscal year's expenditure of State funds for each object code.
(3) A description of each allotment transfer that increased or decreased the initial allotment amount by more than five percent (5%), including all of the following information:
a. The amount of the transfer.
b. The allotment category into which the funds were transferred.
c. The purpose code for the funds following the transfer.
d. A description of any teacher positions fully or partially funded as a result of the transfer, including all subject areas taught by the teacher in the position.
e. The educational priorities that necessitated the transfer.
(4) (Repealed effective July 1, 2018) A description of any transfer of funds from the textbook and digital resources allotment into another allotment category with an explanation of why the transfer from the textbooks and digital resources allotment was made to a different allotment category.
(5) A chart that clearly reflects how the local school administrative unit spent State funds.2017-18 GCPS Expenditure Report by Object Code