When using the Internet, keep in mind the following safety tips:
- Keep the computer in the family room or other public area of your home.
- Internet accounts should be in the parent’s name with parents having the primary screen name, controlling passwords, and using blocking and/or filtering devices.
- Never give out personal information such as address, telephone number, work address/telephone number, or the name and location of our school.
- Tell parents or teachers right away if you come across any information that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Never agree to meet someone in person that you “met” online without first checking with your parents.
- Never send your picture or anything else to a person without checking with your parents.
- Do not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make you feel uncomfortable. Report any messages to your parents and/or teachers.
- Never give out your password to anyone other than your parents.