15 days ago
Student Information and Registration Department
Committed to Excellence and Achievement for All
The Granville County Public School (GCPS) System would like to thank you for your interest in having your child(ren) attend our schools. To register your child(ren) to attend a school in the GCPS System you must complete and present all of the forms contained in the Registration Packet along with a valid picture ID and any other supporting documents requested to the Student Information Data Manager at the school or Student Registration Center.
The Student Information and Registration Department is committed to serving the needs of all schools, families, and students in the Granville County Public School System. We work closely with our 18 building sites to help our more than 7980 students with the many aspects of Student Information.
Services of the Student Information and Registration Department include:
- Attendance Information
- Enrollment/Withdrawal for all students
- Intra District Transfer
- Parent/Student Portal
- Student Records
- Student Reports
How to Enroll into Granville County Public Schools
- Complete the registration forms from home, at your child's school or one of two Student Registration Centers (SRC).
- SRC 1, located on the Northern Granville Middle Campus, serves the students from:
- Granville Academy
- Joe Toler-Oak Hill Elementary
- Northern Granville Middle
- Northern Granville Middle Year-Round
- West Oxford Elementary Year-Round
- SRC2, located on the Mount Energy Elementary Campus, serves the students from:
- Butner-Stem Elementary
- Butner-Stem Elementary Year-Round
- Butner-Stem Middle
- Butner-Stem Middle Year-Round
- Granville Academy
- G. C. Hawley Middle
- Mount Energy Elementary
- Parents will also need to gather and present the following documents to register their child(ren):
- An official copy of your child's birth certificate
- Proof of your Granville County Residency (Current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name that is no more than 60 days old, newly signed lease, or offer to purchase agreement)
- Photo ID of the parent or guardian
- Your child's immunization record
- Any custody papers
- Previous school Report Card and/or Transcript (Recommended)
- Only parents or legal guardians may register students. Legal guardians must present court-ordered custody or guardianship documentation. Notarized statements are not acceptable.
- In compliance with North Carolina law, students must be 5 years of age on or before August 31st to be considered for Kindergarten.
- In compliance with North Carolina law, all students entering kindergarten or who have not attended a North Carolina Public School must present a health assessment (physical exam report) by the first day of school entry. The assessment must have been completed within 12 months of school entry. In addition, North Carolina law requires the parents/guardian to present certification of immunizations on the first day of school entry. If documentation is not presented, parents and/or guardians have 30 calendar days to provide documentation or the student shall be excluded from school until proof is provided.
By Russell Dixon