Use Of State Funding
about 1 month ago
Use of State Funding
G.S. 115C-105.25 states the following
To ensure that parents, educators, and the general public are informed on how State funds have been used to address local educational priorities, each local school administrative unit shall publish the following information on its Web site by October 15 of each year:
(1) A description of each program report code, written in plain English, and a summary of the prior fiscal year's expenditure of State funds within each program report code.
(2) A description of each object code within a program report code, written in plain English, and a summary of the prior fiscal year's expenditure of State funds for each object code.
(3) A description of each allotment transfer that increased or decreased the initial allotment amount by more than five percent (5%) and the educational priorities that necessitated the transfer.
(4) A description of any transfer of funds from the textbook and digital resources allotment into another allotment category with an explanation of why the transfer from the textbooks and digital resources allotment was made to a different allotment category.
(5) A chart that clearly reflects how the local school administrative unit spent State funds.
In addition G.S. 115C-105.25 Section 7.23J(a) requires the following information for fiscal years 2015, 2016 and 2017:
A description of each allotment transfer that increased or decreased the initial allotment amount by more than five percent (5%), including the following information:
a. The amount of the transfer.
b. The allotment category into which the funds were transferred.
c. The purpose code for the funds following the transfer.
d. A description of any teacher positions fully or partially funded, because of the transfer, including all subject areas taught by the teacher in the position.
e. The educational priorities that necessitated the transfer.
ARRA and RttT Compliance Issues
8 months ago
ARRA Race to the Top General and Procurement Compliance Requirements:
Granville County Schools receives Race to the Top funds, which are ARRA funds (also known as “recovery funds”). Since competition is the fundamental component of procurement using recovery funds; our district follows the bidding requirements outlined below:
- GCS uses the Statewide Interactive Procurement System (IPS) to list informal and formal solicitation documents when using recovery funds, and uses the words “Recovery Funds” in the description column of the IPS system.
- For any bid solicitation exceeding $5,000, GCS advertises the opportunity in the local newsprint outlet.
- Federal law requires that all vendors and contractors are checked against the State and Federal debarment list prior to transactions taking place. GCS maintains documentation of a vendor’s eligibility.
- GCS includes ARRA contract provisions as part of any solicitation for procurement of goods, services, and construction projects, including design services for which recovery funds will be used as payment in part or whole.
- GCS observes all OERI Directives for recovery funds. These can be located at the following link: https://www.ncrecovery.gov/compliance/OERIDirectives.html
- ARRA fund CFDA numbers are available at the following link (overview of funding available though DPI – chart): http://www.ncpublicschools.org/fbs/arra/allotments/
- Race to the Top CFDA number is 84.395; Federal Award Number is S395A100069.
Whistle Blower Links:
- US Education Department Office of Inspector General Hotline 1-800-MIS-USED
- Fund CFDA numbers are available at the following link (overview of funding Available though DPI – chart):http://www.ncpublicschools.org/fbs/arra/allotments/
- Sole Sourcing: http://it.ncwiseowl.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_4500932/File/RttT/Sole-sourcing_RttT_Guidance.pdf
Granville County Public Schools is currently seeking proposals for the annual financial audit for the year ended June 30, 2016. The Request for Proposal is posted at http://www.ips.state.nc.us and also HERE under finance documents. All proposals are due May 2, 2016 by 4:00pm. If interested, please search for bid # 187-04122016.
Should you have questions please contact:
Assistant Superintendant of Finance for
Granville County Schools, at 919-693-4613